Enforcement officers tackle litter louts
Fines totalling a staggering £1225 have been dished out due to litter offences in Carmarthenshire during January.
Carmarthenshire County Council’s enforcement officers have been following up reports from the public and catching some red handed, both littering and failing to clear up after their dogs.
The Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) issued during January were:
- £75 FPN issued to a male for depositing a carrier bag on the ground adjacent to the recycling bins at Morrison’s Bring Site, Llanelli.
- £75 FPN issued to a male in the Llannerch area for dropping a cigarette butt on the ground.
- £75 FPN issued to a resident of Pant Bryn Isaf, Llwynhendy for placing cardboard boxes around Dylan Recycling Centre, Llwynhendy.
- £75 FPN issued to a Burry Port resident for placing a contaminated blue bag on the ground at Burry Port Bring Site.
- £75 FPN issued to a male who was witnessed dropping litter on Burry Port beach, after being traced he admitted to the offence.
- £100 FPN issued to a Kidwelly resident for illegally placing contaminated blue bags at Parc Pendre, Kidwelly.
- £100 FPN issued to a female for failing to clean up after her dog.
- £100 FPN issued to a male conceding that he pretended to clean up after his dog after being questioned by Environmental Enforcement Officers.
- £100 FPN issued to a female in Pembrey Country Park for failing to clean up after her dog.
- £100 FPN issued to a male in Pembrey Country Park for pretending to clean up after his dog, upon further inspection the bag contained some leaves.
- £350 FPN issued to resident of Stepney Place, Llanelli for illegally depositing their household waste at a location other than their collection point and on a day other than their collection day.
Cllr Philip Hughes, Executive Board Member for enforcement, said: “We refuse to tolerate any form of littering in our beautiful county. All those who fail to make proper use of the many litter bins and waste disposal/collection facilities provided by the council will be fined accordingly.”