Works to improve Carmarthenshire roads gets underway
Nearly £2million is being invested in Carmarthenshire roads over the next few months.
Carmarthenshire County Council has announced that 37 sections of road will be resurfaced after funding was made available from the council’s capital works programme and the Welsh Government.
This significant investment is in addition to a programme of preventative dressing treatment which is already underway.
Short term road closures will be necessary on some sections however these will be planned to minimise disruption as far as possible.
Traffic management will be in place and details will be published in advance on Traffic Wales.
All work will be carried out in line with latest Covid-19 guidance and social distancing requirements.
The council’s Executive Board Member for environment, Cllr Hazel Evans, said: “This is a significant amount of money that we have secured to improve our roads in the county.
“Whilst we can’t treat every road, the combined improvements will support safer and improved journeys for Carmarthenshire’s road users.
“We will minimise as far as possible the impact on road users by careful planning, however, some disruption cannot be avoided, so please bear with us. We thank everyone in advance for their cooperation and patience.”
The roads being improved are:
- W9007, Parc Pemberton, Llwynhendy, Llanelli
- W5113, Havard Road, Dafen, Llanelli
- A484, Farm Foods roundabout, Llanelli
- C2200, Lon Y Dderwen, Pentrepoeth, Llanelli
- B4308, Trimsaran Road, Cwmbach, Llanelli
- A48, Pont Abraham roundabout approach, Hendy
- B4306, Heol Y Parc, Pontyberem
- A476, Gorslas Square to Gate Road, Gorslas
- B4297, Coopers Junction, Tycroes
- C2130, Lotwen Road, Capel Hendre, Saron
- C2043, Trevaughan Village, Carmarthen
- A484, Morrisons roundabout to Pensarn roundabout, Llangunnor, Carmarthen
- C2032, St. Catherine Street lights to Mansel Street junction, Carmarthen
- A484, Jail Hill, Carmarthen
- A484, Bronwydd Road to Pante Farm entrance, Carmarthen
- A484, Bronwydd Village, Cynwyl Elfed
- B4301, Bronwydd Village junction with A484 to Gwili Railway Level Crossing, Cynwyl Elfed
- B4299, Maniwan bend, Bryn Iwan, Cynwyl Elfed
- U5589, Esgair to Pen Ffynnon bend, Cynwyl Elfed
- B4333, Ty'r Park to Hermon, Cynwyl Elfed
- A484, Gillo Farm to Forest Lodge, Cenarth
- A475, Newcastle Emlyn Bridge, Cenarth
- A484, Cenarth Bridge, Cenarth
- A484, Woodlands, Newcastle Emlyn
- C2111, Llanllwni Mountain to cattle grid, Llanfihangel-ar-Arth
- B4336, Penrhiw to Pontyweli bypass, Llanfihangel-ar-Arth
- A482, Pyllau Crynion to Ram Inn, Llanybydder
- A485, Pont Yr Henfaes, Llanybydder
- A485, St. James' Hall to junction with A482, Cwmann, Llanybydder
- A4068, New Road, Ystradowen to Cwmllynfell county boundary, Quarter Bach
- A4069, between Llwyn Jack and 30mph speed limit, Llandovery
- C2153, Beili Glas to Minyffordd, Llangadog
- C2058, Lanfach roundabout to Bryncrwys, Porthyrhyd, Llanddarog
- C2081, Danyfforest to Nantygrove, Llangynog
- B4314, West Rose Farm to Mountain Farm, Tavernspite, Red Roses
- B4328, Whitland Bridge to Bryngwenllian, Whitland
- A4066, Wood End to Pendine, Laugharne