School re-opening arrangements January 2021
Unfortunately, the current situation with the increasing transmission of Covid-19 across Wales makes it very difficult to predict the impact it will have on staffing levels in our schools following the Christmas break.
Our priority is to minimise disruption to our children and young people’s education as much as possible, however, schools will need to assess their staffing levels at the beginning of the new term, and as a result some flexibility will be required in relation to pupils’ return
The arrangements for January are as follows:
- Monday, January 4 –INSET day (school will be closed so there will be no childcare provision or remote learning).
- January 5 and 6 – preparation days. This will be required to assess levels of staff availability, provide additional training, to review all risk assessments and to consider any further requirements in relation to Test Trace Protect and testing (school will be closed, so there will be no childcare provision or remote learning).
- January 7 and 8 – Your school will inform you if pupils are able to return to school safely. It may be that only a few classes can return, and some pupils will receive their education remotely. Onsite support will be available for children of critical workers and vulnerable learners; however, as before this service must only be used where all other options have been exhausted. This is to protect the wellbeing of pupils and staff in the schools. Please contact your school for further information.
- Week beginning Monday, January 11 – except for exceptional circumstances pupils will return to school. This arrangement will depend on local circumstances and your school will send you information closer to the date.
- Week beginning Monday, January 18th – all pupils will return to school for face-to-face learning (unless exceptional local circumstances prevent this).
- Nursery pupils – your school will inform you of your start dates.
- Breakfast clubs and school meals will resume on January 7.
It is vital we do all we can to try and reduce the spread of the virus, and we must continue to follow the guidance to protect both ourselves and others.
Please remember if your child, or any member of your household has Covid-19 symptoms please request a test by phoning 119 or using the online portal.
During the Christmas holidays, if your child has a positive test result please contact Delta Wellbeing on 0300 333 2222 or email TTP@deltawellbeing.org.uk providing your child’s name, year group and school.