Economic Resilience Fund
The Welsh Government is making a further package of business support available through the Economic Resilience Fund (ERF).
The ERF will provide support in the form of cash grants for businesses, social enterprises and charities and associated supply chain businesses that have been affected financially as a result of ongoing COVID-19 restrictions.
The grants will help meet operating costs (excluding staff wages) directly impacted by the restrictions in place for the period from May 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021.
In particular, the ERF will support businesses that are either:
- Forced to remain closed by the on-going restrictions between May 1, 2021 and June 30, 2021
- Unable to open indoors between May 1, 2021 and May 17, 2021
- A venue which caters exclusively for weddings and events with a regulatory restriction capacity of 30 guests (but can accommodate a greater amount in normal circumstances)
- A supply chain business that generates 60% or more of its sales revenue from businesses falling into above categories
AND (in addition this applies to all the above):
- Have experienced a material negative impact through reduced turnover of 60% or more in May and June 2021 as compared to May and June 2019 caused directly by on-going COVID-19 restrictions.
The grant is open to applications in Carmarthenshire from 12 Noon on 3rd June 2021 and will close at 5pm on the 30th June 2021.
The fund is administered in two parts; support for businesses with a turnover greater that £85,000 will be provided directly by the Welsh Government; support for businesses with a turnover of less than £85,000 is administered by local authorities. Turnover levels should be for a normal trading year or an estimate if the business started post March 2020.
* This guidance relates to the support for businesses with a turnover of less than £85,000 administered by local authorities. Businesses with a turnover of over £85,000 should visit the Business Wales website.