Community wardens hit the streets of Tyisha and Glanymor
Carmarthenshire County Council has recently appointed two new community wardens to patrol the Tyisha and Glanymor areas of Llanelli.
The community wardens will support the local Neighbourhood Policing Team and other agencies to provide a visible presence within the area and will have a varied role which will include:
• Patrolling hot spot areas to deter crime and anti-social behaviour
• Tackling vandalism and fly tipping as well as issues relating to communal areas and open spaces/parks
• Supporting the introduction of a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
• Organising the installation of crime prevention measures
• Offering targeted support to vulnerable members of the community
• Encourage wellbeing activities and community engagement with youth projects, schools and clubs including the promotion of volunteering opportunities.
Linda Evans, chair of the Tyisha steering group and executive board member for housing said: “I am delighted that Tyisha and Glanymor now have community wardens who will work closely with Dyfed Powys Police and other agencies to deliver a multi-agency approach to tackling issues of community concern. In response to community feedback they will prioritise tackling anti-social behaviour issues, reducing crime relating to drug and alcohol misuse and engaging with the community to make positive changes throughout Tyisha and Glanymor.”
Ann Davies, Executive Board Member and vice-chair of the Tyisha Steering Group said: “The work carried out by the community wardens will make a positive difference through helping to reduce fear of crime and incidents of anti-social behaviour as well as improving quality of life for those who live in these communities.”
The introduction of community wardens to the Tyisha area forms part of the council’s ambitious Transforming Tyisha project which looks to regenerate the area through increasing community safety, developing housing and community facilities and improving the environment.
To contact the Community Wardens or for more information on joining Tyisha and Glanymor’s Neighbourhood Watch Scheme please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org